The Canadian bicycle manufacturer Rocky Mountain Bicycles has issued a recall of several of their trail bike models, including the non-electric alloy frame Instinct, Instinct BC, and Pipeline bicycles due to a serious fall and injury hazard.
According to 12 reports received by the company, the bicycle’s front frame triangle can crack, causing the head tube to separate the frame and putting the bicyclist and others at risk of injuries. There have been no reports of injuries to date. Rocky Mountain advises consumers to stop using the recalled bicycles immediately and contact them to learn more about how they can receive a free replacement front triangle.
The bicycles in question were sold at independent bike stores across the country from August 2017 through June 2020 at prices between $2,600 and $4,700.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a defective or dangerous product, it’s crucial that you seek medical attention first before you do anything else. Even if you’re experiencing minor injuries or symptoms, these can worsen in just hours or days if left untreated.
If you wish to file a product liability claim, you should then collect evidence that can prove your injuries were caused directly by the product. Some manufacturers and companies try to make the case that victims weren’t using the product properly when they were injured – having evidence that proves otherwise is essential.
Steps you can take to preserve and document evidence include:
- Saving the product in its current condition: If it’s lost or destroyed, you may not be able to prove it was defective.
- Save paperwork that came with the product, such as warranty information, receipts, and instruction manuals.
- Hold onto your medical bills, which can be used to secure the amount of compensation you need.
- Take photos or videos of the product and where the injury took place. For example, if your bike frame failed on a bike trail, a photo of the trail can be critical to your case.
- Capture any other details relating to your accident and injuries, even if they’re small – sometimes small details make a difference.
- Call our attorneys to investigate your accident and determine liability.
Protecting Your Consumer Rights
Consumers who purchase and use products have a right to expect that they are safe and will not put their lives in danger. Products are supposed to be tested for safety to protect the well-being of the public. When manufacturers, designers, or distributors fail to do so and their products injure individuals, they must be held responsible for negligence. Klein Frank, P.C. advocates on behalf of injured individuals and families, including those who have been injured by dangerous and defective products.
Our product liability case results include:
- $1.2 billion settlement for 27,000 people who had received hip implants that were contaminated with benzene containing motor oil.
- $17.5 million verdict for a young woman who was in an accident, leaving her quadriplegic due to a defective seat belt.
- $4 million settlement in a product liability case that involved crashworthiness.
Injuries obtained from defective products can be serious and include burns, amputations, spinal cord and neck injuries, head and brain injuries, and sometimes death. It is the responsibility of those who caused your accident to compensate you so that you can heal and move on. We provide clients with innovative solutions for even the most complex legal matters. We are always here for you.
Call our product liability attorneys at Klein Frank, P.C. at (303) 448-8884 for a free consultation today, or contact us online. Our team can help you file a personal injury claim, collect evidence, and litigate on your behalf, if necessary.