Colorado Bicycle Accident Attorneys
Injured? Call (303) 622-3876 for a Free Case Evaluation
Whether in the city or on mountain roads, bicycle riders are everywhere in Colorado. Unfortunately, car accidents involving bicyclists occur every day. Drivers can be negligent, and even with all the protective gear a cyclist can buy, these types of accidents can and often do result in catastrophic injury. Having someone on your side in these situations is not only smart but necessary.
Call Klein Frank, P.C. today to request a free case review: (303) 622-3876.
At Klein Frank, P.C., we are committed to holding negligent drivers responsible for failing in their duty to share the road. We represent many elite bicyclists and athletes who have been injured during training and commuting. Backed by ample experience handling personal injury cases, we fully support our clients in recovering full and fair compensation so that they can get back to their lives as soon as possible.
Reasons to Hire Klein Frank, P.C. After a Bike Accident:
- We've successfully handled hundreds of bike accident cases
- We have a 100% success rate in recovery for our clients' bicycle accident cases
- Our team is made up of seasoned trial attorneys with years of experience in taking cases to trial – and winning!
- We offer FREE and confidential case reviews
If you should find yourself in the unfortunate situation of needing a Colorado bicycle accident lawyer for help getting the compensation you are owed, we can inform you of your rights and advise you on your best course of legal action. Our goal is to help you get the most money possible for your medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Motor Vehicles Are Required to Share the Road
Cyclists are required to follow certain laws when riding on the street, such as riding with traffic and riding on the right-hand side of the road, unless they feel it is not safe to do so or when making necessary traffic maneuvers. Motor vehicles are also required to follow certain rules in order to protect cyclists on the road. Just like cyclists, drivers must share the road, follow traffic laws and be courteous.
Four things that all bicyclists should be aware of:
- Bicyclists are prone to accidents in certain areas. Be especially careful when approaching driveways, parked cars, and intersections, and make sure that surrounding cars see you before proceeding.
- Accept that drivers and pedestrians are not looking out for you. It’s a sad fact, but never assume that drivers see you, are looking out for you, or will automatically give you the right-of way. Their number one priority is getting to their destination as quickly as they can, and they may not be watching out for bicyclists. Although motorists shouldn’t get a pass for this behavior, it is important to establish your presence on the road and remain vigilant for your safety.
- Motorists are not the only ones prone to distraction. Bicyclists should also refrain from distractions like talking on a phone while riding or listening to music through headphones.
- Bicyclists have the right to sue negligent drivers. If a driver’s carelessness caused an accident, they can and should be held responsible for damages including medical bills, rehabilitation, property damage, pain and suffering, and more.
Motor vehicles are also required to follow other rules since their size and speed have the potential to cause great injury to cyclists. In Colorado, motor vehicles are required to leave at least a three-foot span of space between the widest part of their vehicle and the widest part of the bicyclist when passing. Additionally, vehicles are permitted to cross a double yellow line if oncoming traffic is clear.
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
The following scenarios commonly result in bicycle accidents:
- A motor vehicle hits the bike rider from behind or the side
- A driver turns left and hits the bike rider
- The bike rider is brushed by a car or blown off the road
- The bike rider is forced off the road by a passing motor vehicle
- A negligent driver ignores a traffic sign or signal and strikes the bike rider
- Glass beads from road striping operations on the road make the road slippery and dangerous
We have dealt with several cases involving bike accidents caused by tiny glass beads commonly used in road striping. Our Boulder bicycle accident attorneys feel that these glass beads pose a significant risk to bicycle riders, and we want you to have the information you need. If you are injured in a bike accident, our Boulder bicycle accident lawyers are ready to investigate and evaluate your case. We serve clients throughout the state of Colorado.